8.07.2006

2 Weeks

2 more weeks until I move back to MSU. 2 more weeks until I can finally say my summer is over. Not that it's been terrible or anything, I'm just ready to move on and get the school thing started with.

These past couple of weeks have been pretty normal, more or less. More relaxing, more hanging out, more pointless errands, more family parties.

So instead of just shooting off more inane BS that no one reading this really cares for, I'm just gonna throw out some personal topics and discuss what the hell I'm thinking about...

School: Oh Jesus Christ, we start August 28th, and I am nowhere near ready. I haven't been in a classroom since last December, and just the thought of cracking open a book and studying gives me the shakes. But at the same time, I know what I need to do, I know the grades I need to get, and I'm more motivated than ever before to do well.

Work: Short term? I'm going back to my aunt's to work for the next couple of weeks, basically just to pay off my TV and make some gas money. Hopefully it's nothing hard, because my brain has been on autopilot for the past 6 weeks. Long term? I'll be going back to Toyota in May, but I'm not sure where. I could get assigned to Georgetown again, or Indiana, San Antonio, or one of the Ontario plants. I wouldn't mind going to Kentucky again, but Texas would be pretty nice too. Hopefully Toyota offers me a position after I graduate, because I would love living in Kentucky.

Money: I feel I'm in a pretty good financial state at 21 years old. I could always be better, but right now, I'm happy. There's money in the bank, I've got the stuff I want/need. At the same time, I do realize that I need to control or keep track of my spending, because there are times when it can get out of hand (picking up the tab all the time, buying useless stuff, etc)

Girls: haha, oh man, fuck it. I know I'm a good guy, and I've got a lot going for me. If something happens, hey, that's great, but if not, I'm not going to punch myself in the face and cry over it. I'm young, and right now time is on my side. Of course there's a girl I care a lot about right now, but there are just so many circumstances surrounding our relationship that I have no idea what's going to happen. It's really out of my hands, I've said what I wanted to say, and that's all.

Friends: I'm lucky to have two really close, good friends. If I was given the choice of having 50 average friends or these 2 great ones, I'd take the 2 any day. Of course I have other friends, and I care about them too, but those ones will come and go- the two will stay through thick and thin. I'm always up for meeting new people and making new friends though, don't try and label me as some inconsiderate bastard who already has enough friends.

Family: Finally, family. Besides my 2 best friends, blood is the only real constant in life. I consider myself very lucky that my parents are in relatively good health, and that my brother, as much a prick as he may be, is healthy and has his whole life ahead of him. I've been fortunate enough to not have to experience tragic losses or events up close; I mean, my Dad's parents passed away when I was younger, and it really hurt me more to see my Dad crying. Since my grandparents lived in India, I only met them a handful of times, and all of those times were before I was even in middle school. Bottom line, I love every single one of my family members, and I would do anything for them. And that's a family that spans the country and a few different countries.


Good night and have a good week, stay positive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like somebody has figured out life...almost.

JRumao said...

far from it. much further than "almost."