8.24.2006

I Hate Nail Polish Remover

And no, I wasn't using it to take off the Barbie California Sunset Red polish on my toes. What I was actually doing was attempting to remove some stickers from my windshield. I put the uncapped bottle on the roof of the car, thinking it would stay put. Of course not- the wind blew the bottle over, and in a very feeble attempt to catch the bottle, I slapped it, and out came all the liquid.

Long story short, I went blind for close to 15 minutes. My eyes have never burned so badly, and all I could think of was, "Wow, I'm going to be blind and the last thing I saw was my car door." Pathetic.

Everything's alright now, and I couldn't be happier to have my sight. There's so many things I still need to see and experience, and to lose such an important sense would be terrible. I definitely won't be taking it for granted any more.

I'm finally up at MSU for good. I don't know why I was looking forward to it so much, things haven't really changed here in the 8 months I've been gone. Class starts Monday, so I'll enjoy the next few days as much as I can and then hit the books. Hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time if you are trying to take the "sticker goo" off your car and get slapped by nail polish remover...soak your eyes for couple minutes in cold water. and don't ever use nail polish remover if you have paper cuts around your finger....the pain is unbearable.

JRumao said...

God forbid I'm stupid enough to let it happen again- but thanks for the advice.

Anonymous said...

attack of the goo!!!

JRumao said...

the goo or Goo?