8.20.2006

Too Much But Not Enough

My room is a mess. There's DVDs, different cables, clothes, and electronics everywhere, and instead of cleaning them all up, I'm sitting here because there's too much going through my mind to just suppress.

I went to the John Fogerty/Willie Nelson concert at DTE this past Friday night. We were a little late and missed quite a bit of Willie's opening act, which seemed pretty short anyway. Jen was more than disappointed, and I felt bad- she's a big Willie Nelson fan.

Fogerty didn't disappoint- sure his set was just shy of two hours long, which was pretty short compared to his other tour stops, but I'm not complaining. He pulled out all the hits and rocked them all; it's amazing how true his vocals have stayed over time. Overall, not too bad a show, could've been better.

Josh and I went up to MSU and crashed at the apartment last night. We had our cable installed, which was a pretty exciting time, considering the new tv and the HD and such. Besides that, we pretty much just hung around the place. EL hasn't changed too much, not that I expected it to.

I was supposed to be staying in EL until school started, but work beckoned, and I could always use a little more cash. It's not like I was going to be doing anything or hanging out with anyone (God forbid anyone call), so I might as well spend a couple more days in this hellhole of a town/house and get out of here a little later. Have a good week.

No comments: