12.08.2006

Design Day Debacle

It wasn't so much a debacle, actually- I just felt like using some alliteration.

I just woke up from a fantastic 2 hour nap, which I feel was well deserved. Today was the College of Engineering's Design Day, and now it's finally over.

We pulled an all-nighter making sure the pizza slicer would work, and of course, getting that paint job done (Don't be fooled by the photo-realistic look, that is indeed just a painted on pizza to make the tray a little more exciting.

While we didn't win any awards, I was proud to showcase the Pizza Cutter, or "Fresa Della Pizza," as we ended up titling it. It was an ingenious design, and despite a few design flaws, worked pretty damn well. With a crispy crust pizza on the tray, the blade chopped and chopped well.

Frankly, I'm still a little tired- 2 hours of sleep in the past 36 hours isn't really going to do much. Time to relax tonight, then get ready for finals. Fun fun.

No comments: